Saturday, July 19, 2008

C25K Podcasts

I'm starting over with Couch to 5K... the running/walking program found at Cool Running that helps you go from sitting on the couch to running a 5K in 9 weeks. (I'm on W4D2).

Oh... It's funny really -- I use the "timed" schedule -- I'd never be able to run a 5K in the time they allow, but that's OK... it gets me exercising. That's what counts.

Well -- recently I ordered an MP3 player from my sister, Karen. Her church sells them... neat deal really -- they put the praise and worship music on the MP3 player, and that enables you to learn the songs you will then hear in church. Anywho...

So -- there are folks out there who are more smarter than I. (Notice I didn't say smarter then me). They have set up podcasts you can put in your MP3 player that allows you to listen to commands to start and stop running during the Run/Walks leading up to a straight 5K.

I downloaded one that uses CHRISTIAN music. So cool! You can too here at Christian Indie Broadcast.

I used to struggle with a stop watch... but you know... I'm a blond until my air hits the air, then it turns brown. So struggle is the operative word in that previous sentence. :doh: Hit the wrong button... now -- where was I? I tried carrying a 3x5 card in my hand -- with the schedule printed out... run 5, walk 3, run 3, walk 90 seconds... after I sweat so much I can't read the schedule. Plus -- that's multi-tasking... runing, reading, timing... These podcasts make it soooo much easier. Just do one thing -- RUN... well -- 2... RUN and LISTEN! That guy in my MP3 player is so encouraging too... "Way to Go!" Like my own little mini-personal trainer.

This is so cool -- ya gotta try it out.

And if you are like me -- and while you are running -- you get all blessed thinking about how wonderful God is -- that you start crying... don't worry -- it'll just look like you are working really hard.

Have any of you tried C25K? What tricks do you use to make it any easier? I'd like to know.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your help with the google feeder. I can't wait to try it! You gave such a detailed answer, thats just what I need.

    angela

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!